Redmi K50 Ultra launched in China with the latest Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset, 12-bit OLED display, 108MP triple rear camera setup, 5000 battery, etc.
The Redmi K50 Ultra sports a 6.67-inch 12-bit OLED display provided by China's TCL CSOT and Tianma. The panel offers a resolution between FHD+ and QHD+ at 1220 x 2712px. Xiaomi says, this panel is comparable to QHD+ but it consumes less power. It also comes with 144Hz refresh rate and 480Hz touch sampling rate, and supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision.
Under the hood, the smartphone is the first Redmi series phone to be powered by the latest Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 which is known to deliver faster processing speeds and longer battery life. It runs on an octa-core CPU, clocked at 3.19GHz speed. With its focus on gaming, the chip is attached with vapor chamber cooling system which according to Xiaomi is able to keep the phone running cool even after more than 2 hours of gaming. It's paired with 8 and 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, and 128/256/512GB UFS 3.1 Storage.
On the battery department, the Redmi K50 Ultra is equipped with a large 5000 mAh battery which is said to pass over a day on a single charge. This is supported by 120W fast charging which can go from 0 to 80% charge in just 30 minutes.
Other notable specs include 108MP triple rear camera setup with OIS, 20MP front camera, 5G support, Wi-Fi 802.116e, under display optical fingerprint sensor, Type-C 2.0 charging port, and Stereo speaker (no headphone jack).
The phone measures 163.1 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm, weighs 202 grams, and comes in three color variants - Black, Gray, Blue, Mercedes AMG.
The Redmi K50 Ultra ships with MIUI 13 based on Android 12 mobile operating platform. The smartphone has just been launched in China, and its prices are: 3000 CNY (8+128GB), 3100 CNY (8+256GB), 3400 CNY (12+256GB), 3700 CNY (12+512GB), and 4200 CNY Mercedes F1 Edition (12+512GB).
Xiaomi Redmi K50 Ultra Specs
- 6.67-inch 1220 x 2712 pixels OLED display, 395 PPI, 68B colors, 144Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm)
- 3.19GHz Octa-core CPU
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM + 128GB UFS 3.1 Storage, 8/256GB, 12/256GB, 12/512GB
- Triple rear cameras:
- 108MP, f/1.6 main with PDAF, OIS
- 8MP, f/2.2, 120˚ ultrawide
- 2MP, f/2.4 macro
- 20MP front camera
- Videos: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps (rear), 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps (front)
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual SIM (Nano)
- 5G, 4G/LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e
- Bluetooth v5.2
- GPS/A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC
- Infrared port
- USB Type-C 2.0, USB OTG
- Fingerprint (under display, optical)
- MIUI 13, based on Android 12 OS
- 163.1 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm, 202 grams
- Li-Po 5000 mAh battery with 120W fast charging
- Black, Gray, Blue, Mercedes AMG