Gingerbread update for LG Optimus Black is now rolling! Yes, no one will argue if we say that LG Optimus Black is one of the “Black Belters” when it comes to hardware design. But it is torned with an obsolete OS and the promises for the newer flavor has been buzzing since last year.
Well it’s better late than never. You can now update your OS to Android 2.3.4 when you plug your phone in your desktop and run the LG PC Suite. Updates for the LG Optimus Black include the following enhancements:
- Enhanced Power management
- Improved Mobile gaming experience
- Improved UI to enable faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste:
- Better Download management
- Support for new media formats such as AAC, AVC, MPEG 4 and H.263
- New features and other improvements: active app management, shortcuts, widgets, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, camera geotagging, better email synching and more precise camera auto-focus.
- App updates and pre-loaded Google+ app
LG also promised an Ice Cream Sandwich update in 2012-third quarter. But before that comes, I think you’ll be fixated with your new OS. So update now and there’s a box full of vegetables in the comments below. Be sure to pick one. ;)